To the delight of Dark Mode enthusiasts everywhere, Instagram has enabled a dark theme for its app. If users want to take advantage of Dark Mode for Instagram, they need to be running iOS 13 on their iPhone. Instagram, by default, has a bright white interface that can be uncomfortable to look at for long periods, especially in darker environments. Aesthetics aside, dark mode for Instagram will be much easier on the eyes due to its darker interface. Perhaps it will also be easier on battery life for phones with OLED displays.
To ensure you can use Dark Mode on Instagram, follow these steps.
- Make Sure you are running iOS 13 (You can make sure in the settings app)
- Update your Instagram app to the latest version (Version 114.0)
- Enable System Dark Mode on your iPhone. (Settings or Control Center)
- Open the newly updated version of Instagram
- Enjoy your new spooky Instagram!